MIKE BURLEY / MBURLEY@STARBULLETIN.COM
Joshua Allen, 4, of Kaneohe rang the bell at the Hawaii Dazaifu Tenmangu shrine yesterday as many students were blessed in the annual back-to-school blessing.
HOTEL GUESTS FLEE FIRE
JAMM AQUINO / JAQUINO@STARBULLETIN.COM
[ See "Briefs: Cops/Fire/Courts" for more, plus KITV video ]
A two-alarm fire caused $100,000 in damage to the Ihilani Resort & Spa Ko Olina JW Marriott and forced 375 guests to evacuate yesterday, said Honolulu Fire Department Capt. Terry Seelig. The 5:20 p.m. fire started when a buildup of smoke residue caught fire in a chimney from a ground-floor restaurant. Firefighters put out the fire by 6:30 p.m. No one was hurt.