Friday, January 4, 2002

Students may apply
for school transfer

The application deadline is March 1

Associated Press

Public school students can apply through March 1 for geographical exceptions to attend schools other than their home school for next school year, according to Department of Education officials.

Application forms, which are available at all public schools and district offices, must be submitted to the school that the student wants to attend.

Students currently attending a school on a geographic exception need not reapply each year.

In granting exceptions, the department gives priority to students wanting to enroll in a program of study not available at their home school, and to students who have siblings already attending the school they wish to attend.

Priority is also given to children of staff members at receiving schools, and to students not living with their parents who have an authorized residence in the receiving school's attendance area.

E-mail to City Desk

Text Site Directory:
[News] [Business] [Features] [Sports] [Editorial] [Do It Electric!]
[Classified Ads] [Search] [Subscribe] [Info] [Letter to Editor]

© 2002 Honolulu Star-Bulletin