Police / Fire


POSTED: Friday, January 16, 2009

Women held in alleged kidnapping

Police arrested three women who allegedly kidnapped a woman and demanded money.

At about 1 p.m. Wednesday, the three suspects - ages 40, 27 and 23 - allegedly forced their way into a 30-year-old woman's Salt Lake home and demanded money.

The suspects then allegedly forced the victim to go with them to their Likini Street home. The victim escaped and called police.

Shortly before 10 p.m., police arrested the three women on suspicion of kidnapping, first-degree burglary and second-degree robbery. There were no injuries, and no weapons were used in the incident.


2 men wanted in murder case

Police have opened a murder investigation and were looking for two suspects after a man found badly beaten earlier this week died.

Police said that at about 2 a.m. Tuesday near North School Street and Lanakila Avenue, emergency responders found a 54-year-old man in the road beaten with severe head injuries.

The man was taken to the Queen's Medical Center in critical condition. He died last night.

Police said a knife was recovered at the scene, but it did not appear to have been used in the crime. The city Medical Examiner's Office did not immediately release the victim's name.

The two suspects are described to be men in their 20s. One of them was described as about 5-feet, 6-inches tall, 160 pounds with dark-colored hair. He was wearing a black and white T-shirt, police said.

The other suspect is described as 6 feet tall and weighing about 220 pounds. He was wearing a blue shirt and long pants.

The two men are wanted on suspicion of second-degree murder.


Woman accused of injuring ex-pal

A 21-year-old woman turned herself in after she was accused of breaking another woman's nose.

At about 4 p.m. Tuesday, the suspect and a 20-year-old woman, who police described as former friends, confronted each other at an Aiea restaurant and fought. During the fight the suspect fractured the younger woman's nose, police said.

The suspect turned herself in at the Kapolei police station, where she was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault.