Report animals without water to HPD


POSTED: Thursday, October 15, 2009

Question: I saw four horses in Waipio with no water for a few days. What should I do?

Answer: Animals' lack of access to water is in violation of Hawaii's animal cruelty law and the owner. Hawaiian Humane Society and the Honolulu Police Department are the city's only authority to investigate and rescue animals. Call 356-2250 and the Humane Society will dispatch an officer to immediately respond.

Sometimes situations are not what they appear, so investigators who specialize in animal cruelty law enforcement and education evaluate the situation and require the owners to take any necessary corrective action.


The Hawaiian Humane Society welcomes questions by e-mail, .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Indicate “;Pet Ohana”; in the subject line.