Mililani man charged in 2 girls' kidnappings


POSTED: Saturday, September 19, 2009

Authorities charged yesterday a 20-year-old Mililani man who allegedly abducted two 15-year-old girls in separate incidents Wednesday in Mililani, allegedly holding one of them for 6 1/2 hours and raping her.

Nicholas Devin Anduha was charged with seven counts of first-degree sexual assault, one count of third-degree sexual assault, two counts of kidnapping and two counts of first-degree terroristic threatening.

The first incident happened about 3:30 a.m. near Kamehameha Highway and Waihau Street in Mililani. Police said Anduha, who was driving a van, approached the victim, threatened her with a knife and held her against her will.

He told her he wanted to cruise with her in his van, police said. The girl walked with Anduha but did not get in his van. Anduha freed the victim after being confronted by her boyfriend, police said.

In the second incident, Anduha grabbed the girl at about 7 a.m. across 94-030 Huo Place and forced her into a white van, police said in an affidavit filed in Honolulu District Court yesterday. He told the girl to lie on the floor of the van while he drove around Wahiawa.

Anduha then parked near a park in Wahiawa, went to the back of the van, took off his shirt and instructed her to remove her clothes, according to the affidavit.

He then allegedly fondled her for about five minutes, the affidavit said.

Anduha then drove to Waimea Bay Beach Park and took the teenager behind a big rock, told her to take her clothes off and allegedly raped her, police said. Anduha then drove the girl back to Mililani and dropped her off near Wainihi Street and Waimakua Drive at about 1:30 p.m.

Police had spotted Anduha driving a white van that matched the girl's description, and found a white van at Anduha's mother's house at Waianuhea Place.

The girl identified the van at 5:17 p.m. Wednesday and later positively identified Anduha in a photo lineup, police said.

Police arrested Anduha Wednesday on suspicion of kidnapping and first-degree sexual assault and charged yesterday afternoon. His bail was set at $500,000.