Convicted thief accused of producing child porn


POSTED: Friday, September 11, 2009

A Big Island man on state probation for theft and forgery is in federal custody for allegedly producing child pornography.

The FBI arrested Daniel Guerrero Seguerre III in Hilo Monday and transported him to Honolulu to appear in U.S. District Court.

Federal Magistrate Judge Barry Kurren ordered Seguerre's criminal complaint unsealed Wednesday.

The complaint alleges Seguerre produced child pornography in June. That is when the FBI said it downloaded 213 image and video files from a peer-to-peer file-sharing program Seguerre used. The FBI said it also downloaded a text file containing a story about minors involved in incest.

Authorities found more child pornography images allegedly produced by Seguerre during another investigation of the same file-sharing network in Oklahoma.

The FBI said it seized a computer from an Oklahoma man that contained video and still images of a man sexually assaulting young children. The man told the FBI he received the images from a member of the file-sharing network, whom the FBI identified as Seguerre.

The FBI said five videos show Seguerre sexually assaulting two prepubescent girls, one prepubescent boy and a girl in diapers. In one video the boy is screaming and crying. In another a girl is crying and asking for “;Mommy,”; the FBI said.

Seguerre pleaded no contest in state court in Honolulu in 2004 to second-degree theft and second-degree forgery. At that time the state judge waived Seguerre's $2,000 bail, granted him supervised release and allowed him to live in Hilo pending sentencing.

Two months later another judge granted Seguerre's request for a five-year deferral of his no-contest plea, and ordered him to spend 49 days in jail and perform 100 hours of community service. The judge also allowed Seguerre to return to the Big Island.

In July 2008 another judge issued a bench warrant for Seguerre's arrest for violating the terms of his release. Seguerre admitted committing the violations. Two months later the judge found him guilty of theft and forgery and sentenced him to five years' probation.