This list is compiled by the Star-Bulletin staff. If your group or organization would like to be included, please send information to Community Calendar, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, P.O. Box 3080, Honolulu 96802 or fax the material to 523-8509, or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paul Bragg exercise: 9 a.m. Mondays to Saturdays, Fort DeRussy lawn. Free. Call 941-2048.
- Ursula Hare's exercise: 9 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Honolulu Zoo entrance. Westernized yoga and Easternized calisthenics and isometrics. Free. Call 373-2015.
- Scrabble club: 9:15 a.m. Mondays, 2933 Kalakaua Ave. Call 923-9060. Also 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Barnes & Noble Bookstore. Call 949-3852.
- Hawaiian quilting class: With Poakalani Serrao, 9:30 a.m. to noon Mondays and Saturdays, Queen Emma Summer Palace. Charge. Call 524-0394.
- Aerobic workout: 6 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Kuhio School cafeteria. Costs $1. Call 735-5755 or 732-5118.
- Oahu Civic Orchestra: Bring your orchestral instrument, 7 p.m. Mondays, Eiben Hall, Chaminade University. Call 926-2106.
- Kodak Hula Show: 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call 627-3300.
- Honolulu Chorale: Rehearsals, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Lutheran High School. Direction by Joseph McAllister. Call Dolores Oaks at 677-7181 or Patrick Tanian at 944-8017.
- Hands-on gardening class: 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Wahiawa Botanical Garden. Free. Call 621-7321.
- Women's barbershop singing: Join Na Leo Lani of Sweet Adelines International for rehearsals, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Sacred Hearts Academy, Room A110. Call 373-3192.
- Honolulu Men's Chorus: Gay, nonprofit chorus ensemble rehearses, 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays, Honolulu Community Church. Call 261-6495.
- Tahitian dance class for women: With Roiti Sylva, 6:30 p.m. Thursdays, Palama Settlement. Costs $8 per month. Call 521-6905.
- The Sounds of Aloha Chorus: Rehearsals, 7 p.m. Thursdays, Ala Wai Golf Course Clubhouse. Call 739-5930.
- Waikiki Singers: Robert Peters' choral ensemble rehearses, 7 p.m. Thursdays, Waikiki Community Center. Call 922-7331.
- Bach's Lunch: Free organ concert, noon Fridays, St. Andrew's Cathedral. Call 524-2822.
- Royal Hawaiian Band: Performances 12:15 p.m. Fridays at Iolani Palace and 2 p.m. Sundays at Kapiolani Park Bandstand.
- Chess clubs: Chess Fans, 5 p.m. Fridays, Harbor Center, Aiea; call Richard at 488-1221 or 456-0895. Honolulu club, 11 a.m. Sundays, Moiliili Community Center; call David at 988-5401. Mililani club meets 6 p.m. the first and third Monday of the month; call Guy at 625-2769.
- Philippine culture classes: Learn folk dance or martial art, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays, Lanakila Gym. Free. Call 455-9963.