CPM offers ‘Patlabor’ set at lower price
I'm all about spreading the word about good deals here -- this is the place where I devoted an entire column to Best Buy's anime offerings, after all.
So when an item popped up on anime publisher Central Park Media's Web site about a deal offering 16 DVDs for $106 -- shipping included -- I certainly had to take notice.
The set being offered makes up the entire "Patlabor" TV and original video animation collection: the two-disc, seven-episode original OVA series; the 11-disc, 47-episode TV series; and the three-disc, 16-episode "New Files" OVA series. All center around the exploits of female pilot Noa Izumi and a Tokyo police division that uses giant robots to watch the streets.
Interested? You have until April 25 to point your Web browser to www.centralparkmedia.com/patlabors ...
Great Ghibli Giveaway
And now, the final call -- you have until Friday to send in your answers for a chance to win "Howl's Moving Castle," "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Whisper of the Heart" on DVD. The volume of correct entries picked up a bit over the past week, but there's still a good chance that you
, dear "Cel Shaded" reader, could win.
1. Which two Ghibli films were nominated for Academy Awards?
2. In which two Ghibli films do "soot sprites" appear?
3. Two characters from "Whisper of the Heart" also were featured in a later Ghibli film. Name the characters and the film.
4. In "Spirited Away," what color were the flowers that Chihiro held at the beginning of the film?
5. In "Princess Mononoke," what part of Ashitaka's body gets infected by the boar spirit, and on which side?
E-mail me with your answers, name and address at firstname.lastname@example.org, or learn more at starbulletin.com/2006/03/13/features/yadao.html ...
Cel Shaded, a look at the world of Japanese anime and manga, appears every Monday. Reach Jason S. Yadao