HOME & GARDEN
Get remodeling ideas
The latest trends in home and building products will be under one roof at the Neal Blaisdell Exhibition Hall Feb. 2- 5 during the BIA-Hawaii's Home Building and Remodeling Show.
Show times are 5 to 9 p.m. Feb. 2 and 3, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Feb. 4 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 5.
Chef Martin Yan, host of "Yan Can Cook," will make an appearance Feb. 3 and 4.
Cost is $4 for one-day admission, $6 for a four-day pass. Seniors pay $1 on Feb. 5 with valid ID.
Garden Center sale
Spruce up your home or garden with plants from the Oahu Urban Garden Center's annual sale Feb. 4.
The sale begins at 8 a.m. and runs to 2 p.m. at 955 Kamehameha Highway.
Admission and parking are free. Call 453-6050.
Reserve seminar spot
The Hawaii Chapter of the American Rhododendron Society is taking reservations for its 2006 International Vireya Seminar, Feb. 17-19 on the Big Island.
The seminar kicks off with a barbecue fellowship dinner Feb. 17 with workshops being held Feb. 18 at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. It concludes Feb. 19 with a garden tour.
For reservation information and cost, call 808-966-9925.
Find our just how much that dusty Matson tray left in storage in the garage for decades is worth when PBS's "Antique Roadshow" comes to town Aug. 26.
Admission to the show is free, but tickets are required to enter the set.
Experts from show, being filmed at the Hawai'i Convention Center, represent world-renowned auction houses such as Christie's and Sotheby's and will give ticket holders verbal evaluation of two items.
Ticketing rules will be available March 13 online at www.pbs.org/antiques or by calling 888-762-3749.
The most rented videos, courtesy of Blockbuster Video, and the most bought DVDs, as listed by Billboard for last week:
Local video rentals
1. "Wedding Crashers" New Line Home Video
2. "Four Brothers" Paramount Home Entertainment
3. "40-Year-Old Virgin" MCA Home Video Inc.
4. "The Brothers Grimm" Miramax Home Entertainment
5. "Must Love Dogs" Warner Home Video
6. "Into the Blue" Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
7. "The Island" DreamWorks Home Entertainment
8. "The Cave" Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
9. "Dark Water" Touchstone Home Entertainment
10. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" Sony Pictures Home Ent.
National DVD sales
1. "Toy Story 2: 2-Disc Special Edition" Walt Disney Home Entertainment
2. "American Pie: Band Camp (Widescreen Unrtd)" MCA Home Video Inc.
3. "American Pie: Band Camp (Full Screen Unrtd)" MCA Home Video Inc.
4. "The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Widescreen Unrated)" MCA Home Video Inc.
5. "Into the Blue (Widescreen)" Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
6. "Four Brothers (Widescreen)" Paramount Home Entertainment
7. "The Brothers Grimm" Miramax Home Entertainment
8. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose (Unrated)" Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
9. "Serenity (Widescreen)" Universal Studios Home Video
10. "Dark Water (Unrated)" Touchstone Home Video