Starbulletin.com


Newswatch


Newswatch

Police, Fire, Courts

Star-Bulletin staff and wire

Sunday, April 11, 2004


Clinic reopens without clues to chemical smell

A quality air specialist found no clues yesterday as to the source of a chemical odor that permeated Straub's Pearlridge clinic Friday morning, sending 21 people to area hospitals.

The clinic reopened yesterday morning.

All of those affected by the fumes were released the same day and had no side effects from the fumes, said Tammy Martin, the clinic's manager.

She said maintenance crews are scheduled to inspect the clinic's ventilation system tomorrow.

Martin said news of the incident didn't seem to scare any patients away, though she couldn't say whether any appointments were canceled yesterday.

"We were really busy," she said. "They weren't worried about coming in."





Police, Fire, Courts

Police/Fire

By Star-Bulletin staff



NEIGHBOR ISLANDS

Big Isle man dies after motorcycle accident

A 54-year-old Big Island man died yesterday from injuries that he received in a motorcycle accident Friday afternoon, police said.

Charles Aiona, Jr., of Keaukaha, was riding a 1994 Honda Shadow motorcycle south on Kalanianaole Street in Hilo at about 3:30 p.m. when he veered off the roadway and struck a traffic sign.

Aiona was taken to the Queen's Medical Center in critical condition and died yesterday.

spacer



Crimestoppers
Honolulu Police Department Crimestoppers
spacer
— ADVERTISEMENTS —
— ADVERTISEMENTS —


| | | PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION
E-mail to City Desk

BACK TO TOP


Text Site Directory:
[News] [Business] [Features] [Sports] [Editorial] [Do It Electric!]
[Classified Ads] [Search] [Subscribe] [Info] [Letter to Editor]
[Feedback]
© 2004 Honolulu Star-Bulletin -- http://archives.starbulletin.com


-Advertisement-